Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Backwards pinch pleat, call it what you like!

Backwards pinch pleat doesn't sound as elegant as an inverted pinch pleat does it?

Recently we had a sample drapery panel made up to show an alternative pleat style. Most people call it an inverted pleat.

The idea is that its a backwards pinch pleat. I've never met a home owner, designer or work room that called it the same thing.

You can call it what you like, as long as your seamstress knows what you mean.

Inverted pinch pleat
Pinch pleat at the back sewn across the top and bottom
Up close inverted pinch pleat

This drapery pleat is suitable for panels that will be stacked back.

Not to be confused with an inverted box pleat. An inverted box pleat is flat at the back and doesn't stack back nicely. Use an inverted box pleat for side panels that can stay open.

Have a look at some other drapery pleat inspirations.

Visit our website for more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment