Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decorative Art

Let's talk pillows for a bit. I know they don't do a good job of covering your windows.... and this blog is about covering your windows.

I once met a guy on the street that was taking an old overhead screen from someone's garbage. He told me that he would use it to block the sun in his apartment. I thought this was genius, use what works. I think he was single, need I say more. I did think he was creative, however.

This blog is also about awesome fabrics that we come across and use in a variety of ways. I happened to come across Beacon Hill's Decorative Art and was smitten by this pattern. This picture doesn't do it justice.

Decorative Art by Beacon Hill Design



Telfer School of Management in Ottawa was hosting their annual gala to raise money for CHEO. We thought this would be a perfect time to use the fabric in a smaller than drapery size way. Pillows!

Here's the result.

Pillows by Faye Fortune Drapery Design for the Telfer School of Management (Casco) fundraiser 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment